Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pieces of Perfect

I like to take pictures.

I don't do it very well and my camera is an inexpensive Samsung 7.2 megapixel, red (cause that's an important detail), point and shoot digital camera.  Some, okay most, of my pictures are kinda fuzzy. They are rarely crisp and in focus. They never appear in print or on my computer screen how I envisioned it in my head and saw in my heart when I pushed the shutter. You know those pictures that people take with the crisp foreground and hazy background or vice versa? I love those, especially when they contain baby toes or tiny fingers.

I keep taking the pictures anyway because fuzzy or not, I usually remember how the shot looked to me. I want to capture every dimple of my grandchildren and every important day of the people in my life. Memories that won't mean much to future generations but mean the world to me.

Like these (fuzzy yet adorable) pieces of perfect:

No comments:

Post a Comment