Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is that REALLY me?

Sometimes I look at pictures of me and think is that really what I look like. I know that sounds weird but I have a hard time equating the reflection in the mirror to how people see me. I read on the internet somewhere that there really is a  psychological disorder where the very symptoms are obsessing about what you look like to other people (and if it's on the internet it must be true. Right?).


I see people at work who I know the ages of and think OMG do I look like that 43 year old person. It's not like I have a problem with growing older cause the alternative is, well, not good. But I don't want to rush it either. Inside my head I still feel like I looked in high school. Stop laughing, I KNOW I don't look like that anymore but I feel like I do. Does that even make any sense?


Like in pictures, no matter what angle it's taken from I have WAY TOO MANY chins. I've tried everything, short of exercise, to get rid of the extra chin-age but they are still there. IN EVERY PICTURE! And full body pictures are a whole nother story. You've heard of those embarrassing stories where some idiot asked a women when her baby is due and she's not pregnant. I look like that NOT pregnant woman.


On the other hand, I still see Pat just as he looked when I met him almost 14 years ago and he still sees me looking as many years younger. It's natures way of freezing time really. That part's kinda nice.


Most mornings after I'm done getting ready for work I look in the mirror and think this is as good as it gets. I'm okay with the image looking back at me but I still wonder how strangers see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment