Saturday, October 30, 2010

Technology Challenged

You know those people that don't know how to set their VCR clock, so it flashes 12:00 for eternity? That's me! And please tell me I'm not the only one on the planet that still owns a VCR. I love technology, I really do. But learning how to use most of it is lost on me.

Our cell phone contract is up and it's time to choose new phones. Although I don't have a trac phone or anything quite that basic, I do have a simple flip phone with a camera and a music player (that I don't use). I want a touch screen phone but I'm scared to death that I won't know how to use it.  I can sign up for lessons right? RIGHT?! I don't get how anyone between the ages of 8 and 30 can pick up a phone and use it like it's an appendage that they were born with. Even after reading instruction booklets I can't figure them out. Clearly, I am technology handicapped.

I also think I may want a Kindle. I love to read and it looks pretty and shiny and awesome. I'd have to download A LOT of book to make it worth what I'd pay for it. Books that I can get free from the library. I'm a little afraid that if I get one it may be as useful as my Wii Fit. I searched for weeks for a Wii Fit.I finally found one and used it a grand total of ONCE. Now its collecting dust next to my VCR that is flashing 12:00.

I have a laptop. That makes me technology savvy, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment