Wednesday, October 27, 2010

For A Reason

Every now and then someone drops into my life that makes me realize I can be a better me.

A teacher, a friend, a boss.

Mostly they aren't a huge part of my life. But still influential enough to make me think about why things like change don't settle well with me. The relationships aren't generally even noticed much until they are over.

That very thing happened today.  Someone I worked with moved on to much bigger things, leaving me with the thoughts about where I'm left. In a few short weeks I'll be leaving work that's familiar to me. I'll be learning new skills and hopefully building a new familiar. Opportunities are already being offered that weren't possible before.

I'm only changing work locations. She is changing EVERYTHING and she's excited about it! I've decided that I'm going to be excited about my changes too. I'm going to make the most of it. I still have a good job when so many people don't.  I've kinda taken that for granted lately as I whine about what changes are being offered to me. And it really is an offer; no one is forcing me to go there. I can be a better me there! I'm excited about that.

People are put into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Someone who I'll miss told me that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment