Monday, October 11, 2010

Ouch!

You know those old people that you don't dare ask how they feel, cause they will tell you? You'll hear about every bowel movement, every bunion, every ache of every arthritic joint. You might even get a first class tour of the medicine cabinet with salves (that word is just weird), ointments and pills of miscellaneous shapes and sizes.

I'm becoming that person! Only not as old and not as free with the spewing of the details of what hurts when.

Usually.

Several months ago my right arm started hurting, like from my shoulder to my elbow. After some xrays I found out I have degenerative disc disease and bone spurs on the vertebra in my neck. Imagine little daggers being thrust into a nerve with every movement. Yep, that about sums it up. After some therapy and a couple of massages it got better. Yea!

But...today I woke up with a crick (I don't think that a real medical term but maybe) in my neck. As the day wore on my left arm started to hurt. Again from my shoulder to my elbow. I guess my spurs are equal opportunity ouchies. I don't have time for more therapy or massages so it's just gonna have to get better on its own.

I'll spare you the details of my creaking knees and popping hips. Getting old is not for the faint of heart!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, the passive therapy is not going to help. Chiro is just a pipe dream. The end result is going to be surgery & even that is 50/50. I would just get used to the pain if I were you. I wish it could be all better but I'm not going to lull you into a false sense of security. I have arthritis in pretty much every joint in my body & I know I'm just going to have to deal with it. I had surgery on my elbow & it still isn't completely right. Sorry to be a downer.

    ReplyDelete