Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nap, Interrupted

I'm a huge fan of the nap!  Most people use their lunch time to, well, eat. Not me, I'd rather take a power nap in my car with the radio and air-conditioning on.  I'm not talking about a light snooze. I mean a full on, snoring, drool fest!  I tilt the seat back and nod off almost immediately.  I can sleep in my car almost better than I can sleep anywhere.  I have a tiny fear of waking up startled and knocking the car into drive or reverse and bouncing around like a ping pong ball until I pulled myself together.  But I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get fired unless I hit the building so I don't park near the building. See, strategy! I have the most awesome internal alarm clock. I don't know why but I always wake up about 5 minutes before I have to be back at my desk. Just long enough to wipe the string of drool off my chin and shake off my sleepy look.

Today though, I knew my sweetie was planning on switching out his car for mine in my work parking lot so he could pick up our new bathroom vanity from the Depot of Homes.  When I left for lunch he hadn't picked it up yet so I made myself comfy and planned to sleep happily for the next 45 minutes.  Apparently my brain was on full alert because even though I was cozy in my reclined seat with my eyes closed I couldn't go to sleep.  I just knew he would tap on the window and scare me to death which would probably make me wake up grumpy so I just sat there. THE. WHOLE. DAMN. 45 MINUTES.  With no power nap to recharge my batteries I was pretty nonproductive the rest of the afternoon.   My coworkers can than my beloved for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment