Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year, A New Me

I think I've finally found a name that suits my little corner of the internet. I've changed it twice in the 2 and a half-ish years since I planted the little seed and tried to cultivate it into something that resembles a blog.

Having slept through the midnight New York City ball drop we didn't have much fanfare to greet the incoming year in the early hours of 2013. An early work hour of 5 am for my sweetie meant he was home in plenty of time for us to enjoy some beach time before the sunset this evening. We walked holding hands watching people in bathing suits, dripping wet oblivious to the chilly (at least by Florida standards) air.

I made myself stop and just stand there. Looking, really looking at what any other day I probably would have just walked by. I don't make New Years resolutions. It's a sure set up for failure. But today I decided that too much time, too many days, weeks, months, years have past where I have missed details. Details, like how red the lifeguard shack at the beach is.


How cool and soft the sand felt under my feet, between my toes. Where the shells stopped after being plowed in by the waves, much like drifts of snow fresh from the edge of a shovel.

 
 
The seagulls were still. Their normally loud call was quiet like they were daring me to notice. I did notice. I heard the giggling of the kids in the cold water and the splashing as they tried to out run the chilly waves.
 

This year I'm going to fall more in love with him.


Learn more about me.

 
And write more about it here.


 
 











 
 


3 comments:

  1. My darling daughter, Live today, don't regret things from the past (you can't change them). Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. Take the time for family and things that you love. Enjoy as much as you can. Life is so short! I love you...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were meant to be a writer.....hope the new year brings you much happiness....look forward to your continued blogs...

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT resolution!

    ReplyDelete