Friday, April 1, 2011

Together

I listen as he breathes evenly and slips into sleep. Cherishing every night that we share the same bed.

I watch the rise and fall of his chest. Sometimes placing my hand gently on him just to feel his heart beat.

I breathe in his scent and thank God that He allowed him to drop into my life when I least expected it but when it was perfectly timed.

Thirteen years ago today we entwined our lives and hearts together. Marrying not only each other but our children. Blending them together so that his became mine and mine became his. Our children. Our lives together.

No lavish wedding (been there, done that). Just us, a small group of  family and friends and the knowledge that we had each found the person that made both of us better. Hoping to grow it into the makings of a great love story. And we have.

I've learned so much about myself in the years since we both decided to enter our second marriages on April 1, 1998. We've shared our hopes and dreams. Our fears and the challenges of our pasts. 

Promises made to each other that our hands will always find the others as we walk side by side. Facing whatever the future holds.

Often he holds my head above water when I feel as though I am unable to do it myself. When I'm unsure of when the blues will move away enough to let me breathe and not feel as though I'm suffocating. He makes me feel safe and holds me without saying a word.

I never question that our commitment to each other is forever and that we will grow old together.

Happy Anniversary Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment