Thursday, November 17, 2011

Finally

I think I've figured out why I can't cook and it clearly is NOT my fault.

I had high hopes of mastering fine cuisine when I was young.

I told every mall Santa for years that I NEEDED an Easy Bake Oven. I circled one in every Sears catalog that I can remember.

BEHOLD!! The makings of a culinary genius!!


I dreamed of those tasty, tiny cakes that I would create, and of course eat.

Okay, full disclosure...I probably would have eaten the batter long before it made it to the cooking ability of that 40 watt light bulb but that's not the point.

The point is that Santa failed me and therefore I can barely boil water.

Then it happened! While strolling through Lowes. What?! Doesn't everyone window shop at home improvement stores?

I talked my husband into this....

Cozy! Yes?


Lets recap....plastic? Check!....light bulb? Check!

It's practically a grown up Easy Bake Oven! So there Santa Claus, I'll buy my own damn oven!

The last couple of days at our house have looked like this...

BREAKFAST!


And this...

DESSERT!! I'm practically the Cake Boss now!





And Thanksgiving may or may not look like this in a few days....

Dinner may be just a little late!


 Thank you Thomas Edison for inventing the light bulb and finally giving me the opportunity to cook like a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment