Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mirrors

I think I'm glad that I didn't give birth to any girls. It's easier to hide a not so great body image from boys. I would feel terribly guilty if I caused a daughter to have a less than amazing body image because of the way I see myself.

When I look in the mirror, all I see is what I wish desperately that I could change.

Clear skin where there isn't any. A peaches and cream complexion that was never mine.

Rolls where there should be curves. Baby weight that is 14 plus years old. I'm beginning to think maybe it's not baby weight after all.

Appropriate curves that I've been waiting to develop since I was about 12 years old. I'm pretty sure it's too late to think the boob fairy will be visiting me now.

I could go on and on.

I bought a bikini the other day. It took more than a little prodding from my sweetie. I was looking for a bathing suit that covered as much as possible with enough spandex  to securely fasten EVERYTHING in place. I tried his choice on and he liked it so I bought it.

What I really want is to see in the mirror the image that my sweetie sees when he looks at me. I'm really glad that love is blind because he keeps me from running to the closest plastic surgeon and mortgaging my house to make the me that he sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment